Welcome to my little farm in the city.

This is a little blog about my life here on my little farm in the city. I am a wife, a mom, a grandma to 6 beautiful grandchildren. I live in a small Mayberry like town in the snowy midwest. We live on the banks of a lake in the woods. I raise chickens and this year I really plan to try my hand at a small garden so that I can use the products for canning this year. It will be a venture, but I have high hopes. I am an avid knitter and I love to work on new patterns that I find. You will probably find much of my work here as I finish it. Well thanks for stopping bye and please stop in often and stay as long as you like. Trudy

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The winds of winter

It  has  been such a  quiet  and long  winter  already.  Things  are still pretty much the same  here .  My  husband is  still not  back to work , he is  still waiting  on more  surgery  to come on his  neck. The  small puppy Jake is  now a big  boy  and  still so sweet and  turning into a wonderful  dog.    The  chickens  are  still here and waiting for  snow  I think , but  they seem to  enjoy every mild  day that we  have been blessed with .  The  weather has  been unusually  mild  and I know that  winter is  going to sneak up  on us  soon and  pounce  when we least  expect it.   We  now  have  my adopted sister  living with us  .   She  has moved here from  Arkansas  looking for a fresh  start.  Her  son  that is in the Marines  will be stationed close  by  in North Carolina soon and  she will be glad to be  closer to him and to see him when he visits  .  Other than that nothing much changes .  Life  goes  on  day  by  day  with  little  change and  I am  anxious for  spring  with all the  mild  weather.

No comments: