Welcome to my little farm in the city.

This is a little blog about my life here on my little farm in the city. I am a wife, a mom, a grandma to 6 beautiful grandchildren. I live in a small Mayberry like town in the snowy midwest. We live on the banks of a lake in the woods. I raise chickens and this year I really plan to try my hand at a small garden so that I can use the products for canning this year. It will be a venture, but I have high hopes. I am an avid knitter and I love to work on new patterns that I find. You will probably find much of my work here as I finish it. Well thanks for stopping bye and please stop in often and stay as long as you like. Trudy

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Who says you can't go home again?

 So welcome to my little homestead.  Please come in, kick your shoes off and sit back and enjoy  a cup of tea and some company.  This is the story of my adventures with my family, my chicken girls and my homesteading adventures.

We are HOME!     
 Its  been a long time since I could say those words.  My journey started quite a few years ago.  My husband and I started our country life adventure 16 years ago.  We moved from our home in Michigan to find a bit more relaxed life than the hurry happenings of a big city.
     Our journey took us from Arkansas to South Carolina to Florida and now back home to Michigan.  Needless to say I am thrilled, my husband not quite so much. We moved to Arkansas to be close to family....  that moved back to Michigan years ago.  We stayed, and watched the  oil fracking companies absolutely ruin our land, home water and peace and quiet.  So we moved to South Carolina, my personal favorite place to be ever.  We had gorgeous land, with a river view and breathtaking mountain views literally minutes from our front door.  The weather was amazing, the countryside breathtaking and I had chickens, lots and lots of chickens.  I loved my home there and would have been very content to live there forever......  but my husband wanted warmer weather.  HOT weather actually.  So we went to Florida. 
     Florida was not what I was wanting or needing.  The weather was HOT all the time except for  2 or 3 months of the year.  It rained almost everyday in the afternoon, the humidity was as miserable as Arkansas.  The snakes and gators and monkeys were not entertaining to me at all.  The land was not good for planting where we landed and I could not have chickens, the beaches were too far away to enjoy and the scenery where we were was nothing  to admire.  Can you tell I was not happy there?  I stayed because my husband liked it there and yet he even admitted the last year was too hot and humid for him soooo......  back to Michigan we went.
     Michigan is where our daughter and kids live on a lovely 3 acre piece of land with a lake view.  Michigan is where we were both born and raised.  Michigan is where my heart was and now we are home where we began the journey.  So we have come full circle.  Who ever said you can not go home again I think may have been wrong,   Just sayin......

      Moving to Michigan has made me very happy, not just because I was born and raised there but also where we live now I can once again have a garden and chickens.  I will be with family and be able to enjoy watching the girls grow into beautiful young women.  I will have a chance to enjoy the good times and the nots so fun times with my kids.  I can have a family once more.  I have found as I go through the seasons of my life that nothing else matters so much to me than to spend time with my God and to be surrounded by those that I love. my family. 
     So until next time......  see you on the homestead.



   

No comments: