Welcome to my little farm in the city.

This is a little blog about my life here on my little farm in the city. I am a wife, a mom, a grandma to 6 beautiful grandchildren. I live in a small Mayberry like town in the snowy midwest. We live on the banks of a lake in the woods. I raise chickens and this year I really plan to try my hand at a small garden so that I can use the products for canning this year. It will be a venture, but I have high hopes. I am an avid knitter and I love to work on new patterns that I find. You will probably find much of my work here as I finish it. Well thanks for stopping bye and please stop in often and stay as long as you like. Trudy

Saturday, August 6, 2022

Its hot.... Its humid..... Welcome to Florida!

     Its been a while since I posted last.  Not much has changed yet much has changed here.  When I wrote last we were living in our camper in a tiny RV campground in the city.  It wasn't alot of fun but we got through it.  We closed on our house, finally.   I love my home so much.  I love the park it sits in....now.   I love the great neighbors we have..... But it didn't start out that way!!
     When we moved here our "park" was not very aesthetically pleasing you could could say.  It was really a mess.  It had been let go for many years, the lots mostly unkept overgrown and sad.  When we came in all I could think of wad....."what have we done?"  The plus side....we are very close to the gulf,  the sunsets are amazing and the gulf breezes are wonderful.  
     What a HUGE difference a year and some new managers have made.  More than a few times we have talked of selling and getting out of here .  We actually did put our house up for sale but the look of the park really put people off.  Its now a very pretty sweet little park all cleaned up and a very nice place to be.  
     We have added a lot of improvements and elbow grease to our little home  and shined it up rather nicely.  I now have a pleasant little patio worthy of long sitting spells enjoying a sunrise, a beautiful garden filled with beautiful flowers and plants and intoxicating fragrances morning and evening. 
    I am still knitting......its what I do!   In this warm weather the most I seem to be able to do is dish cloths.....lots of dish cloths.   I've begun to get bored with them so I am leaning toward a new adventure. 
     I am thinking of learning to quilt. I love quilts.   I spend hours lookig online at hundreds of them and admiring the colors and patterns... I have 3 sewing machines sitting waiting for a job.  So I think that will be my fall and winter hobby this year.       
     I still have my poodle girl.  Can't believe she is 4 already!  I have a new little buddy who keeps me always moving.  He's such a stinker.  This is Bodhi Jack.  He is 4 months old and a crazy little guy.  He is a Mini Aussie Shepherd. He is something and I hopefully can train him to be a good boy. 
     I am still baking.  I love to bake and try new things.  My neighbors  also love for me to crank up the oven and bake....as I share with them.  I am pretty famous around the park for my peanut butter cookies and biscuits!!
     So.... Thats whats been happening here in sunny Florida.  Well I think that's about all for right now.  I promise to be much more diligent about writing here since I now have a beautiful new computer and great internet!  
     See you soon... Promise!!
     

No comments: