Welcome to my little farm in the city.

This is a little blog about my life here on my little farm in the city. I am a wife, a mom, a grandma to 6 beautiful grandchildren. I live in a small Mayberry like town in the snowy midwest. We live on the banks of a lake in the woods. I raise chickens and this year I really plan to try my hand at a small garden so that I can use the products for canning this year. It will be a venture, but I have high hopes. I am an avid knitter and I love to work on new patterns that I find. You will probably find much of my work here as I finish it. Well thanks for stopping bye and please stop in often and stay as long as you like. Trudy

Saturday, May 8, 2021

These Endless Blue Skies.

    As many mornings as I have woken here in Florida I never tire of seeing the gorgeous sunrises..... or sunsets for that matter.  They each in their own beauty takes my breath away even from a camper window..
    Today started out magnificently as ever.  It was cool for a Florida morning in May.  Cool enough for a sweatshirt to take the dogs out this morning.  Never thought I would say sweatshirt and May in the same sentence in Florida.  It was refreshing, and a great night sleep was gauranteed last night as the temps dipped into the mid 50's..... in Florida.... in May.  Who knew, but we are very blessed.
    Just as beautiful as the mornings, the evening sunsets don't disappoint and are truly amazing in their own right!   I mean... who wouldn't want to be sitting and just relaxing watching this happen?  I never want to miss a spectacular end of my day like this...  ever.
We are in a holding pattern waiting to close on our home here and the days do tend to run together.  They can be very long and very boring.  Sometimes it is difficult to get through them so I do the best I can to keep busy.  There really is nothing to do here in this tiny little RV park we are in.  The wifi is horrible and never works, there are no amenities unless you count a laundry and shower house.  So life is very dull most days.
  The heat this past week has been really unusually warm and very humid. Not weather you want to be out in to walk the dog or take a noontime stroll.  The nights sometimes have cooled down enough to turn off the air and open windows so that helps a little for this non-camper loving person.
    One of the things I have been doing is picking up my knitting to break the boredom.  I have manged to do a few of these and take my mind off things plus I will have a few new things for a new home.  A small win for me as I love knitting, knitting dish cloths and I love using these little beauties for lots more than just dishes.  
    They really do have a plethora of uses and they never wear out.  They last many times longer than store bought and they are very inexpensive to make.  You can find hundreds of free patterns on the internet for the too!
    Well that's pretty much concludes my tales from a camper for today.  I've learned to bake, cook and keep my self somewhat entertained here in my little 28 foot world.  Until we meet again.... Be blessed, take care and be kind to everyone.  Trudy

No comments: