Welcome to my little farm in the city.

This is a little blog about my life here on my little farm in the city. I am a wife, a mom, a grandma to 6 beautiful grandchildren. I live in a small Mayberry like town in the snowy midwest. We live on the banks of a lake in the woods. I raise chickens and this year I really plan to try my hand at a small garden so that I can use the products for canning this year. It will be a venture, but I have high hopes. I am an avid knitter and I love to work on new patterns that I find. You will probably find much of my work here as I finish it. Well thanks for stopping bye and please stop in often and stay as long as you like. Trudy

Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring is in the air !

I  don't know about  you , but I am so tired of winter this year!  I know that  winter here in South Carolina is  nothing  like  most of you have.  We  did get snow this year and it  hung around for almost a week and  shut schools and towns down here.  I grew  up in Michigan so I know how long winters can be.  I moved  here to South Carolina to escape the snow and ice.   Well ,  the  last  week or so has  been unusually warm and  sunny.  I never get tired of  gazing at the  beautiful clear blue skies here .  The wind , when it blows smell so  wonderful and so  clean.  Today when I was sitting out on my  back deck looking at the woods all around us ,  I saw a tree that is already starting to bud out!!  How  cool!  



I know that  my chickens are loving this  weather,  They are so funny, they love to sit in the sun,  or roll around in the  dirt they manage to scratch up in their run , looking all crazy like when they do .  I never get tired of watching them scratch and peck, and  I love to listen to them all talk to each other.  I just  wish they would hurry up and start laying those big brown eggs for me !   Anyway, I hope that spring hurries up, I am so tired of looking at  bare trees, but  the one that is starting to bud gives me  hope on this beautiful 70  degree , breezy day.  So , I  sit, and I patiently wait to see those leaves from here, on my  deck, in the  woods.  Hurry up  Spring! 

1 comment:

Becky Garrison said...

Oh, I am with you - so ready for spring! But these last few days have given us a glimpse, and I guess those glimpses only make us want it more! Have a great weekend! Becky G. in GA