Welcome to my little farm in the city.

This is a little blog about my life here on my little farm in the city. I am a wife, a mom, a grandma to 6 beautiful grandchildren. I live in a small Mayberry like town in the snowy midwest. We live on the banks of a lake in the woods. I raise chickens and this year I really plan to try my hand at a small garden so that I can use the products for canning this year. It will be a venture, but I have high hopes. I am an avid knitter and I love to work on new patterns that I find. You will probably find much of my work here as I finish it. Well thanks for stopping bye and please stop in often and stay as long as you like. Trudy

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What a beautiful day!

How  lucky we have been the last few days here. The  weather is  breathtaking, so  warm and so windy.  I  love to do wash on days like this and hang them out on the  line.  They smell so good and so clean.  Well  my  chickens are  just about old enough to  start laying.  They are a comical bunch of girls.   As you can see from the picture these 3 are the  most curious and  there is nothing safe with them around.  They are  the  first out in the morning and always the last to come in at night , and usually I must  persuade them to get them to go in.  I  can not imagine  life with out chickens now  that I have had them so long.  I  can not wait for them to start delivering the  goods.    It  did get so cold here  this winter  for a couple weeks that my  husband  truly thought  that  I would be knitting them little sweaters.  Yes   I am a knitter and  crocheter and  I love  to sit out on my  deck, enjoying the  view of the  woods, listening to the chickens and  working  on a little knitting  project.   I have  been  busy  though the  last  couple of months  though as  my  dear husband  gave  me a new puppy for Christmas.  She  is a doll and  I truly love  her but she  does  keep me  hopping and  my  knitting bag is not  safe unattended with her around.  She and  her brother, my  little wiener  dog  do give me  delight  all day though and  I would be  lost with out them...........  and  my  chickie girls!  Well  guess I better get to knitting.  I have been working on  making washable , reusable swiffie covers and  I love  the fact that  I don't have to spend money on those  toss aways to keep my floors clean.  Come  back often and  stay  as long as you like.  You will see updates on the  girls. the  puppies and the  knitting  projects.  Take  care and  be blessed. 

No comments: